Influencing Skills for Women Leaders
Influencing Skills for Women Leaders helps women develop their skills at influencing others in order to achieve striking results and career advancement. Rich in personal feedback, this intensive two-day program lets you explore new ways of articulating vision, building buy-in and overcoming communication blocks. You’ll be set to lead, collaborate with, and challenge others at all levels of your organization.
A program ideal for...
Mid- to senior-level women leaders who want to improve their skills at articulating ideas and goals, influencing others, and enhance their ability to develop, motivate and confront when necessary.
- Content tailor-made for women leaders, drawing on current Canadian data on successful female leaders
- Comprehensive individual feedback about your current leadership strengths and challenges
- Videotaped small group exercises with peer and Niagara coach feedback
- Influence practice using current situations from your workplace
- Opportunity to engage in candid discussions in a supportive, professional setting
- Strengthened skills in sustaining a conversation of influence in face of different perspectives and pressures
- The confidence and skills to convey your ideas
- A communication style that conveys vision, direction and accountability
- Increased ability to gain commitment and buy-in
- Heightened awareness of gender-specific ways of thinking, your own thinking style, and how to “read” others’ in order to achieve a successful outcome
Top of page
Agenda at a Glance
|Pre-Program ||Assessments—Complete a custom 360-degree and self-assessment |
|Day 1 ||Welcome and Overview; The Art of Influencing; Women and Influence—What Works and What Doesn’t; Review and discussion of the assessment surveys. 360-By Design for Influencing and Coaching; MBTI and Communication; Preparation for Influencing Clinic |
|Day 2 ||Demonstration; Videotaped Role Play Clinics; Tips and Techniques; Advanced Influencing Practice; Action Plan |
|Date || ||Location || ||Fee* ($Cdn) || || |
|September 18–19 || ||The Conference Board of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario || ||3,500 || || |
|October 3–4, 2013 || ||White Oaks Conference Resort, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario || ||3,500 || || |
*Includes some meals and refreshments. Does not include accommodation. Fees are subject to HST.
A preferred rate has been negotiated on your behalf.
For all programs held in Niagara-on-the-Lake, accommodation is secured on your behalf upon registration. For more information, please email info@NiagaraInstitute.com.
Top of page