Leading Through Virtual Communication
A Humphrey Group program offered by The Niagara Institute
As our business and professional interactions become more global, our communications are increasingly driven by online and telephone interactions. Some professional relationships must now be built entirely through a phone line, by email or via video conferencing. Recruitment and HR practices are adjusting to this new reality as well. More job interviews are being done online and initially through telephone screening and initial screening is often performed through telephone interviews. To communicate influentially, leaders must be prepared for this “virtual reality.”
To meet the need of these growing challenges, this 90-minute distance learning session will introduce attendees to the skills needed to lead in online and telephone opportunities, and drive action.
Powerful Learning Outcomes
The participants who attend this session will strengthen their ability to:
- View all telephone, email and video conferencing engagements as opportunities to lead
- Handle themselves confidently in high stakes situations
- Cultivate a leader’s presence with the right eye contact, expression, vocal pace and body language on the phone or video
- Focus their thinking around a single message
- Lead effectively in each stage of a video or conference call: before, during and after
*Fees are subject to HST.