Leading With Authenticity
Discovery and Application
People are more likely to follow a leader they trust—someone who is honest, genuine, and “walks” his or her own “talk.” To discover your authentic leadership, you must take time to understand and learn how best to display your own unique values and talents. This program, through assessments, feedback, effective leadership models, experiential learning and practical application will give you the knowledge and tools you need to expand your own leadership strengths and truly lead with authenticity.
Who Should Attend
Leading With Authenticity is for mid- to senior- or executive-level leaders who want to discover their authentic leadership in order to increase effectiveness.
- Awareness of your own unique leadership style;
- Understanding of the opportunities for increasing your authenticity as a leader;
- Increased understanding about how you impact others;
- Clear sense of which behaviours are enhancing your effectiveness;
- Increased confidence and resilience as a leader and team member;
- Understanding of the nature of your reactions in the context of organization change and stress; and
- Action-based development goals that will enhance your authentic leadership.
- Understand your natural preferences and strengths you bring to leadership through the Life Styles Inventory assessment.
- Receive a detailed perspective on your leadership impact from the comprehensive 360-degree assessment, Profilor.®
- See your leadership style in action and practice new behaviours by applying your insights to small group problem-solving and decision-making tasks.
- Small group coaching with a Coach to synthesize learnings, construct personal development goals and develop a clear plan for action.
Agenda at a Glance
|Pre-Program ||Assessment—Complete a self-assessment |
|Day 1 ||Awareness: You as a Leader—Share introductions and expectations; Understand effective vs. ineffective leadership; Emotional intelligence; Authentic Leadership—presentation of research and models; Values; Translating your personal values into action—examining values under pressure; Receive feedback on your behaviour as it relates to effectiveness; Thinking Styles—experiential exercise; Learning partner discussion. |
|Day 2 ||Impact: Your Impact on Others—Receive comprehensive data on how others see you in your leadership role; Emotional intelligence; Leadership in Action—experiential exercise; Receive feedback on your preferences when dealing with others in groups; Your Authentic Style in Action—videotaped exercise on teamwork; Review and reflection. |
|Day 3 ||Change: Your Resilience and Development—Explore personal and organizational change; Receive feedback on your preferences when dealing with change; Examine stress as a symptom of thinking; Learn to measure and manage Stress; Build your resilience; Develop action-based goals for leadership success; Leverage the learning; program close. |
Post-Program Support (six weeks later)
|Re-connection—You will have an on-line opportunity to record your developmental progress, and receive ideas and encouragement from your Niagara Institute or DeGroote Executive Coach. |
Throughout each day, you will build a learning map that will enable you to consolidate your learning and provide you with a foundation for your leadership goals.
|Date || ||Location || ||Fee* ($Cdn) || || |
|May 2–4, 2012 || ||Ron Joyce Centre, Burlington, Ontario || ||5,250 || ||Program Closed |
*Includes meals and refreshments. Does not include accommodation.
A preferred rate at all sites has been negotiated on your behalf; details are provided at the time of registration or upon request.
Top of page