Speaking as a Leader®
A Humphrey Group program offered by The Niagara Institute
The ability to speak with clarity, conviction, and influence is critical to leadership. To be truly effective, leaders must be able to inspire action every time they speak – from formal and informal presentations to conference calls, one-on-one conversations, and impromptu discussions. Speaking as a Leader® meets this goal by enabling you to speak as polished, inspirational leader in every interaction.
Speaking as a Leader is the first in a series of three communication programs. Further programs include Communication for the Senior Leader® and Leadership Presence™
Powerful Learning Outcomes
In attending Speaking as a Leader, participants will strengthen their ability to consistently:
• Approach communication with the intent to inspire action
• Speak with clarity and conviction in every interaction
• Communicate a powerful message that reflects their leadership thinking
• Support their message using a clear, logical structure
• Close with a clear call to action
• Achieve a dynamic presence that will position them as strong leaders
• Plan effectively for critical conversations
Personalized Applied Learning
- The participant to instructor is capped to ensure ample personal feedback and coaching throughout the session
- Participants will identify an important upcoming communication opportunity and use this as the foundation for a script they will create
- Participants are videotaped delivering their script and will receive feedback on both content and delivery
- Participants roleplay in both planned and impromptu conversations, and will receive feedback on their performance in each of these settings
View the Speaking as a Leader Agenda
More information available here
Fee: $2,995* (Programs held before May 31); $3,195* (Programs held after May 31)
|Date || ||Location || || |
|May 9–10, 2017 ||The Conference Board of Canada, Ottawa, ON || |
|May 16–17, 2017 ||The Humphrey Group, Toronto, ON ||Waitlist only. Please email. |
|June 26–27, 2017 ||The Humphrey Group, Toronto, ON || |
|September 21–22, 2017 ||The Conference Board of Canada, Ottawa, ON || |
|September 25–26, 2017 ||The Humphrey Group, Toronto, ON || |
|November 30–December 1, 2017 ||The Humphrey Group, Toronto, ON || |
*Includes breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. Does not include accommodation. Fees are subject to HST.
Accommodation is secured for programs held in Niagara-on-the-Lake only. For more information, please email info@NiagaraInstitute.com.
For all other locations, please email email@example.com for a list of local hotels.
Top of page
Please note: Dates and locations are subject to change.