Taking the Stage®
A Humphrey Group program offered by The Niagara Institute
Taking the Stage® is a program that shows women how to speak with courage and confidence so they can be seen and heard as leaders. At the core of the program is The Humphrey Group's Leadership Model®. Participants learn to adopt a 'taking the stage' mindset, script themselves as leaders, unlock the power of their voice, and speak with a confident presence.
Taking the Stage is designed for women at all levels who wish to strengthen their ability to convey their ideas and project a powerful leadership presence.
The program combines practical learning with extensive personal feedback. Participants prepare and deliver a brief talk, receive personalized voice and presence coaching, and role-play off-the-cuff conversations. Every participant will receive feedback, including videotaped feedback.
Powerful Learning Outcomes
- Explore challenges faced in leadership roles
- Portray yourself as a leader, not doer
- Adopt a 'taking the stage' mindset
- Confidently share your vision with others
- Deliver clear messages using a logical structure
- Use strong language that is assertive, not aggressive
- Use your vocal power to engage others
- Achieve a dynamic presence that will position you as a strong leader
- Avoid 'minimizing' behaviours
- Turn spontaneous interactions into leadership conversations
Personalized Applied Learning
- A program specifically designed for women leaders
- The participant to instructor ratio is capped to ensure ample personal feedback and coaching throughout the session
- Guidance in overcoming common female vocal and language traps
- Individual feedback on your strengths and weaknesses when creating your scripts and delivering your messages
- Participants receive personal feedback during the program, including video-taped feedback on their presence.
- Participants prepare and deliver a brief talk, receive personalized voice and presence coaching, and role-play off-the-cuff conversations.
- Practical experience involving several methods of communication through small group exercises
- A personal follow-on coaching session providing support once you return to work.
View Taking the Stage Agenda
More information available here
Fee: $2,695* (Programs held before May 31); $2,795* (Programs held after May 31)
|Date || ||Location || || |
|March 27–28, 2017 ||The Conference Board of Canada, Ottawa, ON || |
|May 18–19, 2017 ||White Oaks Conference Resort, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON || |
|October 25–26, 2017 ||The Conference Board of Canada, Ottawa, ON || |
|November 28–29, 2017 ||White Oaks Conference Resort, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON || |
*Includes breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. Does not include accommodation. Fees are subject to HST.
Accommodation is secured for programs held in Niagara-on-the-Lake only. For more information, please email info@NiagaraInstitute.com.
For all other locations, please email email@example.com for a list of local hotels.
Top of page
Please note: Dates and locations are subject to change.